Our next book to go on sale will be Juliet McKenna’s The Thief’s Gamble, the first part of our project to digitize her backlist. Cheryl has blogged about it here. However, soon after that we will be publishing a new anthology dedicated to the late Colin Harvey. Colin was the editor of the first book we ever published — Dark Spires.
The Colinthology is edited by Joanne Hall and Roz Clarke (both of whom had stories in Dark Spires). It contains stories by Colin’s friends, many of which have been inspired by memories of Colin in some way. The cover is by Andy Bigwood, who also did the Dark Spires cover.
Colinthology will be ebook only for now, primarily because of the the major aims of the project is to raise money for the charity that Colin volunteered for, Above and Beyond. Our time, and that of the editors and authors, is being donated free. We are hoping to have copies available for sale at BristolCon, at which Colin will be Ghost of Honour. In the meantime, here is the Table of Contents, which Jo and Roz blogged about at the weekend.
- Biz Be Biz – Gareth L Powell and Paul Graham Raven
- The Man Down the Road – Nick Walters
- A Tale from the Shakespeare Tavern – Ian Millsted
- Professor Cornelius J Montague’s Spectacular Spirit Safari – Scott Lewis
- An American Were-Hypnotist in Bristol – Andy Bigwood
- Bigger Than Jesus – Bob Neilson
- Newfangled – K G Jewell
- They’re Watching you – Andy Gibb
- Looking for a Knight in Shining Armour – Sylvia Spruck Wrigley
- The Spell Misspelled – Stephanie Burgis
- There in the Detail – Tony Ballantyne
- A Better-Bred (TM) Woman Makes Good Her Escape – Sharon K Reamer
- Made Things – Roz Clarke
- Store of the Gods – Steve Westcott
- Lukewarm in Lynhelm – Joanne Hall
- Not So Dark Horizons – Raven Dane
- Buzz Nausea, King of the Aircraft Men – John Hawkes-Reed
- Buffalito of Mars – Lawrence M Schoen
- Natural Selection – Joshua Peterson
- John and Lee Down by The G’Star – Rob Rowntree
- The Big Reveal – Jonathan L Howard
And here’s a peek at the cover art.